Scattered...

Anxiously wait for it, sleep on it, stress out about it, pray about it.

Repeat, repeat, repeat.

Why haven't I written in the last couple of weeks? The honest answer is that I kept forgetting on the weekends, and I simply do not have the motivation to catch up on the weekdays. The preferred answer is that TENTS has begun to consume my life in a beautiful way. Yeah, let's actually talk about that for a bit.

After stressful days of planning and emailing and promoting, our team left for fall break. I stayed on campus with my two favorite Colorado Abby friends, and together we managed to be royally unproductive and watch lots of Narnia. Not a bad way to live for 3 or 4 days--sleep, eat, sleep, watch movies, sleep, eat. Perfect, actually.

But the highlight of break was the trip to Iowa City for the annual dance gala at the University of Iowa on Sunday. I traveled in a van full of RUSH dance choreographers and lighting designers, mainly because I would be bored if I stayed behind. The event and the day were fun; however, my favorite part of the trip was the five-hour drive home. Abby and I talked to our professor (and driver) about TENTS and Tourette's for the majority of the drive. I would describe the conversation in more detail...but much of it just feels more special as an untold story to be remembered through how I apply the things we discussed.

It humbled me to describe Tourette's to someone who barely knows me. The typical "what does it make you do?" question was rephrased to "what does that mean for you and your life?" Funny how a differently worded sentence gives a fresh perspective on a question that never gets any more enjoyable to answer.

I went to bed that night with a head full of ideas and questions about how to make TENTS better. Then on Wednesday, the first day back from break, we held auditions for the film project and 31 people tried out. God's greatness blew me away. Although 5 hours of sitting in a hot room was not my favorite thing, I loved watching people play improv games and stretch themselves.

This post is scattered and vague. Sorry. My life is crazy and stressful, making my thought processes disorganized.

OKAY. Prayer requests (dang, it has been a while!) for the following week. TENTS auditions and callbacks have come and gone, but now we have to begin scheduling and filming. Everyone on our team is swamped with work and projects...and stress. I'm waiting to find out whether I have heart problems or merely stress manifesting itself into dizziness and rapid heart rates.

Song of the post...because this week, I actually have an idea for one. "The Precipice" by The Classic Crime ends with an a cappella chorus that haunts my heart for hours afterwards.

God loves me, and God's love is enough.

Comments

Popular Posts