Busy, anxious, happy days.

I remember a day during my freshman year when someone I respected (at the time) told me that she didn't think I should talk so much about personal things on my blog. Her words hit me pretty hard. For a long time, I could hear her voice running through the back of my mind every time I updated this blog. It wasn't until early this summer--nearly two years later--that I realized her opinion really did not matter. At all. While her thoughts may have been important to me at the time that they were expressed, I eventually walked away from our friendship hurt and broken...all because of things connected to that very conversation. Ever since then, my journey has been partially (though more cautiously) traceable through these posts.

Why am I telling that story? It came to mind as I processed what to talk about this week. The past week has been a blur full of busy, anxious, happy days. One of these does not seem to belong, but trust me. It fits.

We put another piece of the TENTS project puzzle into place when we set audition dates and times (to be announced in the next 24 hours, actually). The final details of our project proposal are being finalized tonight and then we can move towards actually promoting this crazy thing. Again, if you haven't checked out TENTS, you should definitely like the Facebook page and keep an eye on what we are doing this year.

As for schoolwork, tutoring, Beacon, and RED411 business, it was an overwhelming yet rewarding week. I love working with Michael on video projects, and he has been able to accompany me during filming much more frequently so far this year. I love having him to support me, even when he is rather distracting to my actors...and to me. Copy editing has also proven to be far more enjoyable than I had originally expected it to be. I take joy in working with fellow writers and sometimes I even get to help someone out with a few AP style book questions (if that doesn't make sense, don't worry about it).

Something that I found interesting about this week was that while my Tourette's calmed down considerably, my anxiety has been bouncing up and down almost daily. What a strange sensation it is when your body goes through an attack and you simply lie there, taking it in such a casual manner that it frightens you more than the attack itself. My roommate has been a champ throughout the entire ordeal...not many people have had to sit with me through multiple attacks in a week's time.

"But Justine," you might protest, "you said there were happy days this week!" And you would be correct.

As busy and stressed and anxious as I have been, one extended happy moment came when Natalie called Michael and I on Friday to say that she got the part of Belle in "The Carol," a Christian adaptation of "A Christmas Carol" that my church has done multiple times. Both of my parents also have roles (Bob Cratchit and Mature Belle), but I was most excited about my sister finally getting the role that she has been wishing to play for most of her life. God willing, I'll be at one of those performances in December and that will be the day that I can say "That's my sister!" when she finishes her solo at the end of her time on stage. And that will be a grand night.

Prayer stuff...because in case you haven't realized it, that is a pretty huge need. Of course, there is the TENTS project--please pray for actors. We kinda need them. :) The anxiety crap needs to stop happening. So there's that. Also, there is a possible internship thing (which I shall not go into detail about at this point) that I need to consider, as much as it tears me apart to consider anything besides camp for next summer.

Pretty sure I've had this song of the post before...but it fits. Really, really well. So it's back. "Slow Down" by Mike Mains and The Branches is one of my top five songs of 2014, but the acoustic version really hits me in the feels, if we're going to use totally nontechnical language.

God loves me, and God's love is enough.

Comments

Popular Posts