Hallelujah, He is with me.

I don't really know how to begin this post. Mainly because expressing my thoughts this week might be a little bit more difficult than I would prefer.

I've been in Orange City since Wednesday afternoon, and it is has been fantastic to gradually reunite with my Northwestern family. As of Friday, I have my Julia and as of Saturday, Michael has arrived as well. I got to spend some time with nearly half of my old 3South family last night, and my crazy theater family has finally reconnected. Freshmen orientation is nearly over now...there are more than 20 women on my wing who seem to be adjusting to 3South quite well, which makes me so happy. My countdown to coming home has passed the zero-day mark.

Coming home to 3South last year meant starting fresh with a roommate I barely knew but was excited to learn about. It meant building relationships with a group of women who much preferred a cuddle pile in the hallway but somehow got homework done at the same time; it meant singing in the bathroom and eating in the back of the cafeteria because we couldn't fit all of us anywhere else. I learned to feel safe at Northwestern because of those women. Sophomore year was the best year of my life so far.

Coming home to 3South this year means...well, starting over again. It's funny how you get comfortable living in a routine, a group, and then God plucks you out of it and drops you into something new as if to say, "That was fun. Now I want you to learn how to do it over again."

Over the summer at Haven, God continued to place me in situations where I had to lead others in order to accomplish simple things like washing dishes or cleaning bathrooms. It stretched me in ways that often hurt or frustrated me. The past two days have been filled with moments that remind me I have to step up and lead more often this year. It's like Jesus is trying to teach me something by pushing me out of my comfort zone. Funny how that works.

So if you are wondering how I am feeling about this year, wait a while and ask again. Because right now, I am just trying to figure that out myself. But my main prayer request is that I would find peace somehow during the confusion going on in my brain.

The song this week is a little different than usual. Last year I came across this cover of one of my favorite Jenny and Tyler songs, "Psalm 46." So rather than posting the original song (which I love and you should definitely listen to it), I decided to put this one up. The words are God-breathed--I mean really, it's Scripture in musical form--and I needed to remember them this week. Hallelujah, He is with me. Hallelujah, we cannot be moved. Hallelujah, I rest secure.


God loves me, and God's love is enough.

Comments

Popular Posts