Follow courageously.

Week Three of camp is beginning tomorrow. It's crazy to think that I have been here for five weeks now. I loved being here last year, but this year has been at least ten times better in half the time. I realize I say this all the time, but this staff is phenomenal.

One of my favorite parts of living here is going to church at North Hills every week. Without exception, each sermon I have heard in the two summers I have been here has applied to my life in a way that made me say, "Okay, I get it, God." The series throughout the summer is Finding Jesus in the Old Testament. This morning, the pastor talked about Joshua and God's instructions to "be strong and courageous." The main idea being conveyed in the message was that we need to remember that we are free in Christ and are called to follow Him no matter what...courageously.

Next year is going to be insanely busy with work, school, and the TENTS project. As the pastor spoke those words, I paused and remembered a conversation I had on the way to Denver last Saturday. I was telling Abby of my fears about managing time and getting things done in the fall, and I mentioned that I am nervous for where this film project might take us. She simply said, "You'd better give it to God, then."

It's really that simple. My anxieties about being able to balance everything will get me nowhere in the end. I'm terrible at remembering that. But if I were to simply follow, maybe things would seem a bit more doable.

With that in mind, I want to give you guys a little bit more information about TENTS.

What is TENTS, anyway? It's a student-initiated film project being organized, directed, and produced by Northwestern students with the purpose of helping people see those who feel invisible. There are six parts to this project, each to be filmed, edited, and produced on Northwestern's campus, then shown to the public on a schedule which will be revealed as the time grows nearer.

Currently, there are eight people on the production team. There are six theater majors, one graphic design major, and one writing major. We have one senior, four juniors, and three sophomores who have been planning this since April.

How can you pray? So many ways. But specifically, our six screenplays have been sent out to be read over once, and there is still so much to do before we actually start shooting the first film in August. We've all got jobs, commitments, and classes to keep up with throughout the school year while we plan and produce this project. No one is less busy than anyone else...but we all feel that these films are something that God is going to do amazing things with.

Most importantly, TENTS is a chance to help heal broken people. Each character in these films is going to tell the story of someone who feels invisible because of a hidden struggle that they live with. Why am I so passionate about that? If you don't know the answer, go read my posts on this blog from the past year and a half.

This is happening in less than two months, guys. I'm going to dive into film making in less than 50 days. Time to follow courageously.

Song of the post: "Instrument For You" by The Vespers. For obvious reasons.

God loves me, and God's love is enough.

Comments

Popular Posts