Skimming the surface of honesty.

Haven's 4th of July break began on Friday night, but I have been busy since then and therefore neglected my normal Saturday post. So here goes.

It was a long week, to say the least. Rewarding, yet exhausting. We had good leadership but poor weather; our teamwork was outstanding but our morale began slipping as we grew more tired. Funny how that works. Our Cap'n Tibbs and Jenni left slightly past midweek for another adventure...and as the time passed, I realized just how much I missed them. 

Our break began after cleaning ended on Friday afternoon, and most of us stuck around for supper (cooked by our director). Daddy called me right before supper, which made me quite a bit late for the meal, but it was great to talk to him and connect through our mutual experiences with animals. (He truly is the greatest guy to have around.) 

A group of us played Tenzies and Pirates' Dice after supper until I remembered my chores and had to leave that happy extended moment. I came back feeling rather grumpy and overly tired, and I buried myself in music for a while with hopes of forgetting about how frustrated I was with various thoughts in my head.

The two women in my triad (our encouragement groups among the staff) saved me from becoming a complete grumpy bump on a log by inviting me to hang out with them and talk about both camp and school for a while. I don't know where my brain would have gone without that time, so a big shout out to Danielle and Bri. You da best.

Later on, nearly all of us hung out in the kitchen for a few hours, chatting away and making ridiculous jokes because it's how we roll. Eventually, the number dwindled to only two people as Katelyn and I started a conversation about Tourette's and what it means to feel "different" as a Touretter. It's difficult to explain what Tourette's is to a child, but it's even harder when it's someone near your age who knows you a little bit better than a camper. It is never easy to say "I'm different and I don't like it."

We're in Denver with Abby for the week, which is fun and I love it. When we drive back to Wyoming on Saturday and reunite with people on Sunday, my prayer is that our staff unity has not suffered. It's hard to be away from my camp family, especially when many of them are together doing things this week. I miss them, there's no doubt about that. 

Prayer requests: My cold needs to be gone by Sunday...and there is at least one other staff member suffering the sickness as well. Safety in multiple states (and countries!) over break. Bonds with staff growing once we jump back into camp. It's my favorite age group--3rd and 4th grade.

The song for this post is simply worship. I wanted to use another one by SONS, but "Sea of Glass" fit better than another one that I will use at a later date for a post much more relevant to the other song. (Cryptic...sorry.)

God loves me, and God's love is enough.

Comments

Popular Posts